POSH, PET PORTRAITS
Will need at least 2 ironing stations
PHOTO, PATTERN, QUILT!
Basic sewing supplies:
Pattern making supplies:
Use batiks or small prints or hand dyes
TEENY, TINY ART QUILTS
1. 4 coordinating fabrics with fusible already fused on back, plus fused scraps left over from other projects. Try for a dark, a very light, and two medium values of fabric. Prints are ok but make sure you have some solids too. You will need very small amounts, less than a fat quarter, so check your scraps. Just make sure you come to class with all your fabrics already fused on the back.
2. Back fabric and batting cut to about 10 1/2″ x 7 1/2″.
3. Small rectangle of fusible about 8″ x 11″, Wonder Under or Misty Fuse.
3. Teflon fusing sheet.
4. Pins, rotary cutter, ruler, cutting mat, fabric scissors, various threads to co-ordinate with fabrics.
5. Sewing machine that you are familiar with for free motion quilting, with appropriate needles for your threads, and your free motion foot, as well as any other feet you like to use.
6. 9 X 12 cheap canvas (Jerry’s Artarama or Michael’s) to mount your finished piece.
COLORPLAY FOR QUILTERS
1. Bring pictures of natural world, i.e. sunsets, flowers, landscapes, rocks, plants, etc.
2. Medium gray fabric for foundation to fuse on about 1/2 yard.
3. In order to make a value gradation you will need: black, white, range of grays solids or very small prints ranging from dark to light, have or buy 1/8 yd. and fuse Wonder Under or any fusible on back.
4. In order to make the color value gradation you will need: 1 color, (solids or small prints, 1/8 yd. or any scraps you have at home) and try to bring 7 different values of that color, i.e. very pale blue, pale blue, light blue, medium blue, medium dark blue, dark blue, almost black blue. We just need a small piece of each color, but bring whatever you have to trade. It will save class time if all your fabrics and scraps have fusible already applied to the back.
5. For final project: making a small color study, bring small scraps (1/8 yd or less) of many different colors in solids, batiks or very small prints.
6. cell phone with a camera, pins, scissors, mat, ruler, rotary cutter, teflon sheet extra fusible, Wonder Under or Misty Fuse
FUSED APPLIQUE & PAINT MORNING GLORY
Wear old clothes for painting
*Teflon press sheet for fusing
*1/2 yard of light color Muslin or other plain fabric for fusing on top of
*Misty Fuse or Wonder Under, about 2 yards
*Saral Transfer paper or Transdoodle
*Nice supply of hand-dyes, batiks or solids from your stash; for Morning glory-fat quarter of blue or purple, some scraps of dark green, medium green and light green (batiks or hand dyes work best).
*Some paper towel sheets
*plastic sheeting to paint on top of
*Pins, paper and fabric scissors, small rotary cutter, small sharp scissors if you have them, cutting mat, masking tape.
*Pen, pencil, black sharpie
*Paint & Brushes- kits will be for sale: $40 for paints kit.
*Cup for water for brushes